Tuesday, September 7, 2010

VIVA ARGENTINA!

So folks, Argentina beat Spain 4-1 today in the friendly soccer match that they played pretty darn close to my apartment. It was awesome being there but my only regret is that some of my favorite and most anticipated Spain players WERE NOT THERE! I know that players like Messi (10 for Argentina, their best player, the man on my jersey, and the guy who scored 2 of our 4 goals today) who play for both Barcelona (a club team in the European league) and their national team (Spain or Argentina) had to travel A LOT in the past few weeks to get to all of the games [Mexico, Ireland, around Europe, Argentina] so I guess it's forgivable that they didn't make it. NOT NOT NOT!

Bitter that I didn't see Puyol in action. Mad it was such a blow out. The field was REALLY short (it was in the River stadium, an Argentine club team). Also, I just expected more out of the World Cup Winners (Spain). Oh well, it was still a great experience. I'm headed to las cataratas de IguazĂș on Thursday evening. It's an 19ish hour bus ride to the province of Misiones, which borders Brazil and Uruguay. Las cataratas = the waterfalls, there are about 270 separate falls and it's right on the border of Brazil. I'll take a million photos (more or less) and then post them when I get back, but for now I have pictures for you guys from my trip to El Tigre, from around Buenos Aires when I go on walks, and from the Japanese Gardens. Not to mention the soccer game.

The link is....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2057983&id=1280460131&ref=mf

So enjoy folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment