Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pictures from Chile


Fish market in Santiago.


A picture of the Villarrica volcano from the beach in Pucón, the day before I climbed up it.


At the top of the volcano.


Coming down the volcano on small plastic sleds.


Subsistence blackberry picking. The cabins I stayed at were in the middle of nowhere and I got bedbugs there. Gross.


The lake at the base of my 8 hour hike where I soaked my feet after getting done.


A beautiful flower in Puerto Varas, the rose capitol of Chile.


Los saltos of the Petrohue river, some rapids and small waterfalls.


Penguins at Isla Magdalena, an excursion from Punta Arenas.


Hanging out in Isla Magdalena.


Seaside basketball courts in Punta Arenas.


Sheep blocking the road on the drive from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales.


Clouded out sun on day 1 in Torres del Paine.


A valley view on day 3 of the hike in Torres del Paine.


More day 3 of Torres del Paine.


The "Torres del Paine" that the park is named after at sunrise.


A view of the sun coming up the same morning that we hiked to the Torres.

Monika, I hope you can finally see some more of my pictures this way!

The first album of photos on Facebook is at this link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2079631&id=1280460131

The second album of photos on Facebook is at this link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2079648&id=1280460131

No comments:

Post a Comment