Sunday, June 26, 2011

21 days and 20 of them vacation days

Tomorrow morning I have my final final. CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!! I feel prepared, so I'm writing in my blog instead of cramming :)

My trip to Uruguay was great, I have posted some photos below - it's a beautiful tiny country full of gorgeous coastlines and inland full of natural hot springs.

The most famous house in Punta del Este - or close to punta
the hideous view and balcony
getting a little stir crazy after roadtripping all the way across uruguay (a whole 1.5 hours!!!)
aiesec birthday party - holland, argentina, uruguay, usa: note in the background you see a plaque of the USA-URUGUAY, the kid who lives in this house has a Dad who works with the DEA and the whole room was covered in plaques for his service to our country.

eating a chivito - the sandwich of death
standing at THE punta del este
djaja, rodrigo, maijo, quique and i
rodrigo, maijo, daniel, yo, djaja
at the statue of the hand in punta del este

Since uruguay I have mostly been studying for my final tomorrow and getting up to date with my life in Buenos Aires. AIESEC is going to be sad to leave behind, but I had a great sleepover on Friday night with Juli, Maijo and Vicky - the three other girls that organized the weekend seminar with me in April.

This afternoon I saw Fuerza Bruta (Brute Force). Its a show that I would describe as somewhere between Cirque de Soleil and Stomp. There were drums and acrobatics and all sorts of stunts - I cant even explain it. I have uploaded a video that shows more or less how the show is.


Tomorrow after 1pm my summer vacation officially starts!! I will fly to Santiago, Chile on Thursday morning, stay with a friend there for 1 night, then head to Viña del Mar, Chile. I will spend just the day there and spend the nights of July 1st and July 2nd in Valparaíso, Chile - where I will also meet my distant Rothe relative, Peter Fliegel. He is my Dad's cousin who emigrated from Germany to Chile many many years ago. On the 3rd, early in the morning, Greta Kreider Carlson, some friends of hers and I are heading up north on a bus to San Pedro de Atacama - the dryest place on Earth. They have a lake that is equal in salinity to the Dead Sea as well as flamingos, salt flats, and sandboarding!!!!!!!!

Be sure I will try to buy a camera charger for the occasion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment